Pets also suffer from flea infestation and lice like humans. Cats, dogs, rabbits, and several other pets need regular observation in order to notice if they have any fleas on their body. Though pets usually have skin allergies when they are young and sensitive, an infestation can occur at any period of life. If you notice the symptoms given below in your pet, then they may have a flea infestation.
- Unusual scratching and itching that develops over time.
- Red patches on ski
- Acute hair fall
- Flea dirt
Flea infestations should not be ignored in your pet as they worsen over time. Infestation also causes your pet to behave abnormally as they get irritated due to continuous itching and scratching. Lesions that form due to over-scratching may result in infection. Keep an eye out for the above-mentioned symptoms and contact us to provide them with proper treatment as soon as possible.
- Maintain proper hygiene and give regular baths to your pet – in the morning and whenever your pet gets dirty due to playing in the mud or any other dirty areas.
- Groom your pet. Comb their hair and check if there are any trapped fleas.
- If you find a flea, schedule a skin test to find out how bad the infestation is.
- Visit a vet for further treatment and follow the instructions provided by the vet carefully.
A healthy pet is a happy pet. To keep your pet away from any kind of flea infestation, contact us today to book a veterinary exam.