There are many health issues that occur in our aging pets. Dental disease, thyroid disease, kidney disease, Diabetes, cancer and arthritis are just some of the widespread health problems we can observe in senior pets. The quicker we can notice these problems, the prior we can treat that. The doctors and staff here at Ambassador Animal Hospital want your pet to live a long, vigorous and happy life.
A comprehensive, yearly health exam is critical in catching these problems before time. In order to get an even more inclusive picture of you senior pet’s health, our expert team has come with a Senior Pet Care. The Senior Pet Care is a sequence of blood and urine tests, as well as a physical exam and nutritional consultation. It encompasses:
- Physical exam (not including vaccines, heartworm test or fecal exam)
- Complete Blood Count
- Blood Chemistry Profile
- Thyroid Level
- Complete Urinalysis
- Urine Protein/Creatinine Ratio Test
- Nutritional Consultation
What can you do to help your senior pets?
- Schedule habitual visits with your veterinarians Windsor. Your pet wants to be examined at least yearly if it appears healthy, as many diseases are unseen and not evident. Remember it is much cheaper to put off disease than it is to treat it!
- Nourish your mature dog a lofty quality food. Your veterinarian can help you decide an suitable food for your pet. particular foods that are lower in calories are sometimes required for obese pets.
- For pets with mobility issues due to arthritis or other joint diseases, foods fortified with fatty acids such as DHA and EPA can be helpful. Our vets in Windsor recommend supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin if needed.
Should you have any questions, please call us at +519-971-3100 or write to us at email@example.com.More